San Carlos Airport Noise Update Members of GESC have been working with San Mateo County staff and...Read More
- Oversight Board - Minutes - Jan 24, 2018 1:30 PM
- Planning Commission - Agenda - Feb 20, 2018 7:00 PM
- Transportation and Circulation Commission - Agenda - Feb 20, 2018 7:00 PM
- Residential Design Review Committee - Agenda - Feb 20, 2018 5:30 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Nov 27, 2017 7:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Nov 27, 2017 6:35 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Nov 29, 2017 8:30 AM
- City Council - Minutes - Dec 11, 2017 7:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Jan 8, 2018 7:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Jan 10, 2018 8:30 AM
- CalMod 2.0: Three Things to WatchUPDATE, from Caltrain TIRCP funding applicationCalMod 2.0 is now formally known as EEP or Electrification Expansion Program100% state-funded through cap and trade program (TIRCP)Consists almost entirely of option buys of 96 EMU cars for $600M17 x 8-car EMU fleet planned for start of electric service (if $$ awarded)No 4-car EMUs (this is super important for future […]
- CBOSS Dumpster Fire UpdateThe CBOSS development lifecycle,as anticipated in 2009 on this blog.Today we are at "point of no return."The deadly crash of an Amtrak train near Tacoma, Washington, which would likely have been prevented if a PTC (Positive Train Control) system had been in place, has renewed the discussion of the status of PTC systems in the […]
- Thoughts on Palo AltoThere is a vigorous discussion of grade separations now underway in Palo Alto. It misses several important points:1) Grade Separation is not one project. Trying to come up with a single, grand unifying grade separation scheme for the entire rail corridor through Palo Alto is to over-constrain the problem and to limit the range of feasible […]
- Freeway Lanes of CaltrainIf everyone drove instead of taking Caltrain, how many more lanes would peninsula freeways need to absorb the additional traffic?The way to answer this question is to count how many train passengers ride past any given location, in each direction, within the span of one hour. Caltrain publishes all the information you need to do […]
- The Overtake That Won't BeIn its renewed environmental review process for the San Francisco to San Jose project, the high-speed rail authority is considering the alternatives for the peninsula rail corridor. The outlines of the new draft EIR are emerging, and this is where politics meets engineering.Interested stakeholders keep asking about how the blended system will actually work, with […]
- Operation Eagle VisitSurrounded by to-do lists, fliers and maps adorning her office walls for the past few weeks, at first glance it might look like San Mateo City Clerk Patrice Olds is coordinating a military operation from City Hall.
- SamTrans ridership droppingWith SamTrans ridership down, the transit agency is hoping a variety of service improvements in the works will attract more riders and reverse the trend.
- Black history on displayOccupying 16,000 square feet of space this year, Carolyn Hoskins’ black history pop-up museum has reopened at 1525 Broadway in Redwood City in celebration of Black History Month.
- Lawmaker wants to right red-light violation wrongs
- San Carlos OKs neighborhood traffic planIn response to rising concern about traffic in San Carlos neighborhoods, city officials unanimously approved Monday a process for fielding requests for traffic mitigation measures.