San Carlos Airport Noise Update Members of GESC have been working with San Mateo County staff and...Read More
Category: Transit Village
- Transportation and Circulation Commission - Agenda - Mar 20, 2018 7:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Feb 12, 2018 7:00 PM
- City Council - Agenda - Mar 12, 2018 7:00 PM
- City Council - Agenda - Mar 12, 2018 6:30 PM
- Residential Design Review Committee - Minutes - Mar 19, 2018 5:30 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Feb 13, 2018 5:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Jan 22, 2018 7:00 PM
- City Council - Minutes - Jan 22, 2018 6:30 PM
- City Council - Webcast - Feb 26, 2018 7:00 PM
- Residential Design Review Committee - Minutes - Jan 29, 2018 5:30 PM
- The End of CBOSSThe rosy view, from 2011Caltrain's troubled positive train control solution, known as CBOSS, has now been completely abandoned, to be replaced by the de-facto standard freight PTC technology known as I-ETMS. That's mostly good news, since Caltrain will no longer be stranded with a globally unique PTC system. I-ETMS is being deployed by numerous other […]
- CalMod 2.0: Three Things to WatchUPDATE, from Caltrain TIRCP funding applicationCalMod 2.0 is now formally known as EEP or Electrification Expansion Program100% state-funded through cap and trade program (TIRCP)Consists almost entirely of option buys of 96 EMU cars for $600M17 x 8-car EMU fleet planned for start of electric service (if $$ awarded)No 4-car EMUs (this is super important for future […]
- CBOSS Dumpster Fire UpdateThe CBOSS development lifecycle,as anticipated in 2009 on this blog.Today we are at "point of no return."The deadly crash of an Amtrak train near Tacoma, Washington, which would likely have been prevented if a PTC (Positive Train Control) system had been in place, has renewed the discussion of the status of PTC systems in the […]
- Thoughts on Palo AltoThere is a vigorous discussion of grade separations now underway in Palo Alto. It misses several important points:1) Grade Separation is not one project. Trying to come up with a single, grand unifying grade separation scheme for the entire rail corridor through Palo Alto is to over-constrain the problem and to limit the range of feasible […]
- Freeway Lanes of CaltrainIf everyone drove instead of taking Caltrain, how many more lanes would peninsula freeways need to absorb the additional traffic?The way to answer this question is to count how many train passengers ride past any given location, in each direction, within the span of one hour. Caltrain publishes all the information you need to do […]
- Serving the country from the skiesThough Rich King’s memories of his days as a helicopter pilot in the Vietnam War are close to 50 years old, he’s still able to recall the full-body coordination required to operate the hovering aircraft.
- Pot delivery rules under city reviewIn the latest step in Redwood City’s phased approach to commercial cannabis regulations, the Planning Commission will consider Tuesday the legalization of cannabis delivery operations as well as nurseries that grow and sell starter plants.
- Central Park master plan up for adoptionAfter years of planning and community engagement, San Mateo residents will be able to chart improvements and new amenities planned for Central Park as an updated master plan for the city’s first public park nears adoption.
- Mayor looks to Half Moon Bay’s future
- Man found dead in Half Moon Bay identifiedA 67-year-old Hayward man found dead outside the Half Moon Bay substation Wednesday afternoon was identified as Frederick Carl Bittikofer by the San Mateo County Coroner’s Office.